Administrative Procedure 408
Use of Division Owned Vehicles
The Division may provide vehicles to employees who require a vehicle to carry out their duties due to any of the following:
1. Work assignment in various locations;
2. Necessity of having tools and/or equipment in their possession at all times;
3. Responsibility for transporting employees and/or materials to various sites; or
4. Unusual circumstances that are approved by the Superintendent.
1. Supervisors responsible for Division-owned vehicles shall ensure that the vehicles and/or parts reach their normal life-expectancy by making certain they receive regular service and maintenance.
1.1 A supervisor may delegate this authority to the vehicle operator, although the supervisor is still responsible.
2. Supervisors are responsible to the Secretary-Treasurer or designate, as the case may be, for the care and operation of any Division-owned vehicles.
3. Division-owned vehicles should be left at the location where the employee normally reports to work. Employees may take their vehicles home provided their supervisor is notified and has approved the action.
4. A Division-owned vehicle shall not be used for personal use.
Reviewed: July, 2011
Next Review By: July, 2016
School Act Section 60, 61
Policy 11 Delegation
AP 488 Responsibilities of Secretary Treasurer