Administrative Procedure 180
A Records Management program will be maintained to provide control over the quality and quantity of information produced by the Division, from its creation until its disposal, for legal, fiscal and historical purposes. Proper custody, storage and disposal of records shall comply with statutory requirements and is under the authority of the Secretary Treasurer.
1. Records management covers a broad spectrum of records such as accounting, purchasing, corporate, insurance, personnel, property, and student records.
2. The Records Management program shall consist of a Subject File Classification Guide and a Retention and Disposal Schedule.
3. The Retention and Disposal Schedule shall be consistent with federal and provincial legislation.
4. The Education Team and Principals shall be responsible for the filing of records according to the Classification Guide and for the disposal of records in accordance with the Retention and Disposal Schedule.
5. Electronic records must conform in the same manner as hard copy records.
Reviewed: December, 2011
Next Review by: December, 2016
School Act Section 60, 61
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSA 2000, c. F-25
Policy 11 Delegation
Subject File Classification Guide and a Retention and Disposal Schedule
AP 320 Student Records
AP 321 Youth Criminal Justice Act Records
AP 400 Criminal Record Check