Role of the Vice Chair
The Vice Chair shall be elected by the Board of Trustees at its Organizational Meeting, and thereafter at any time determined by the Board, to hold office during the pleasure of the Board.
- The Vice Chair shall act on behalf of the Board Chair, in the latter’s absence and shall have all the duties and responsibilities of the Board Chair.
- The Vice Chair shall assist the Board Chair in ensuring that the Board operates in accordance with its own policies and procedures and in providing leadership and guidance to the Board.
- Prior to each Board meeting, confer with the Chair, the Superintendent and/or designate on the items to be included on the agenda, the order of these items and become thoroughly familiar with them.
- The Vice Chair is Chair of the Policy Committee.
- The Vice Chair is responsible for Board and Superintendent evaluations according to Board policy.
- The Vice Chair may be assigned other duties and responsibilities by the Board Chair.
Revised: November 29, 2012, June 21, 2016
Reference: Section 60, 61, 62, 65, School Act