Administrative Procedure 534
In order to fulfill its legal responsibilities and to comply with insurance requirements, the Wild Rose School Division maintains security systems in all of its facilities.
1. The responsibility for security systems rests with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- The Maintenance Supervisor shall provide on-site in-service for all employees periodically. In-service of new employees is the responsibility of the facility manager (principal, e.g.)
- When an employee leaves the employ of the Division, it is the responsibility of the facility manager to advise the Maintenance Supervisor immediately and arrange for the collection of security cards.
- Access cards and codes are the responsibility of the holder. Under no circumstances should cards or access codes be passed from one person to another for purposes of access.
- Unnecessary alarm call outs due to the negligence or otherwise of a person using a facility may result in the user being assessed a fee of $25, or such higher fee as may be levied by municipal agencies (e.g. RCMP). Such cases will be reviewed individually and discussed with the affected parties prior to any action being taken.
Reviewed: January, 2012
Next Review by: January, 2017
Section 60, 61, School Act
Policy 11: Delegation
AP 533 Fire Safety Systems