Administrative Procedure 505
Requests for Financial Assistance
The Division recognizes that Division staff have the opportunity (and desire) to participate in seminars, conferences, courses, programs etc. which may benefit the health, safety and welfare of students that fall outside the normal budget allocations of the school. In such cases Principals may make request to the Superintendent or Department designate for financial assistance to enable student or staff participation in these programs.
1. The Superintendent or Department designate will consider requests for financial assistance that have the support of the Principal.
2. Requests for financial assistance are considered for programs such as issues of drug and alcohol awareness, safe and caring schools, bullying and harassment, student leadership and other such programs that are deemed appropriate by the Principal and are seen to benefit the students of WRSD.
3. Requests for Financial Assistance must include:
- Name of Lead Teacher
- Name and grade of participating students
- List of supervisors
- Benefit to students
- Benefit to school
- Benefit to school division
- Follow-up that may result from attendance and implementation plans (i.e. goals/actions, presentations etc.)
- Detailed expense projection
Created: February 3, 2006
Reviewed: December, 2011
Next Review by: December, 2016
School Act Section 60, 61
Policy 11 Delegation