Administrative Procedure 170
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy
All procedures for the collection and storing of information by Division staff in the course of affairs and procedures regulating the release of information to other parties must follow provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPP).
The purposes of FOIPP and Division administrative procedures are to:
1. Allow any person a right of access to the records in the custody or under the control of the Division subject to limited and specific exceptions as set out in the Act,
2. Control the manner in which a public body may collect personal information from individuals, to control the use that the Division may make of that information and to control the disclosure by the Division of that information,
3. Allow individuals, subject to limited and specific exceptions as set out in the Act, a right of access to personal information about themselves that is held by the Division,
4. Allow individuals a right to request corrections to personal information about themselves that is held by the Division and,
5. Provide for independent reviews of decisions made by the Division under the Act and the resolution of complaints under the Act.
1. Pursuant to Section 95(a) of the Act, the Superintendent of Schools shall form the Head of the Local Public Body for the purposes of this legislation.
2. The Secretary Treasurer shall act in the capacity of FOIPP Coordinator with duties as outlined in Administrative Procedure 487 – Secretary-Treasurer.
3. Fee schedules will be set from time to time by the Head as outlined in Section 93.1 of FOIPP.
4. All persons making requests for the release of information shall be notified as to appeal provisions under this Act.
Revised: May 13, 2009
Reviewed: December, 2011
Next Review by: December, 2016
School Act Section 60, 61
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, RSA 2000, c. F-25
Policy 11 Delegation
AP 320 Student Records
AP 321 Youth Criminal Justice Act Records
AP 400 Criminal Record Check...